Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:28:28 +0200
From:      Espen Tagestad <espen@tagestad.no>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD mirror and some issues with Perl (with suggestion for change!)

=46rom the documentation on how to set up a FreeBSD mirror:=20
=
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/mirror-howto.html=

... there is a paragraf written like this:=20
"ftp/mirror was very popular, but seemed to have some drawbacks, as it =
is written in perl(1), and had real problems with mirroring large =
directories like a FreeBSD site."

Beeing a user of both FreeBSD and Perl for years (and probably for years =
to come) I don't find this formulation providing Perl any justice. =
What's the issue with Perl? That it has to be installed additionally? I =
don't care about the mirror program itself (I went for the rsync way). =
Would it be a less drawback if it was written in Ruby or Python?

Suggestion for change:
"ftp/mirror was very popular, but had real problems with mirroring large =
directories like a FreeBSD site."

regards,
Espen Tagestad=