Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:08:47 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>
To:        sada@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        doconnor@cain.gsoft.com.au, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, alex@big.endian.de
Subject:   Re: ports/10634: Update the hylafax port to do a client install

--------
Your message dated: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:53:45 PDT
>Synopsis: Update the hylafax port to do a client install
>
>State-Changed-From-To: suspended->analyzed
>State-Changed-By: sada
>State-Changed-When: Mon Jun 12 14:49:43 PDT 2000
>State-Changed-Why:
>Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de> is going to update this port
>and fix security problems.

Hi all.

Time to speak up I think, lest anyone repeats work...

I spent my weekend porting HylaFAX 4.1beta2, and used Alex's original
submission to the '-audit' list as a starting point for fixing
all the sprintf()'s and strcpy()'s in it.

It's been running here for a day or so, seems fine (although this is
hardly what I'd call extensive testing of a package this large).

There's a remaining niggle with the setup script not killing running
processes correctly, which I was aiming to look at tonight, then I
intend to submit it as a port.

I've already got a dialogue going with the HylaFAX developers, who are
happy to look at patches with a view to incorporating them into their
tree - one of their main concerns, of course, is portability, which is
a different issue.

Anyway - should this be a new port - e.g. 'hylafax-devel' or a
replacement for the existing hylafax port?

Despite the 'beta2' name, it's been around a fair old time...

Cheers,

AS