Date:      Sat, 10 May 2008 20:43:19 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <brde@optusnet.com.au>
To:        Volker Werth <vwe@freebsd.org>
Cc:        kbyrdPM@yahoo.com, freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i386/74650: System Reboot with umount command

On Sat, 10 May 2008, Volker Werth wrote:

> On 05/09/08 07:28, Bruce Evans wrote:
>> This might be the bug unsetting the dirty flag which I submitted a fix
>> last year, combined with user error (attempting to write to an unwriteable
>> disk).  ...

> thanks for your answer (and for checking my GNATS cleanup). I really
> enjoy your explanations.
>
> If I got you right, you think this PR should be re-opened until an
> errata is being released?

I think other PRs are enough if we know that this is the same bug.  The
PR didn't seem to give enough details to be sure of this.  If the bug
is what I think it is (probably just a write-protected disk), then the
driver would write a lot (too many) printfs about write errors.  These
messages might not be obvious on the console due to being in X mode,
but they should be recorded in logs.

Bruce