Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 2010 00:28:17 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: MythTV 0.23 for FreeBSD

Hello,

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:51:08 +0200
Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi multimedia,
>
> The MythTV developers have shortened their release cycles and are already
> preparing for their 0.23 release. So this is a good time to test all the
> new things and give some feedback of how it works for you.

Ok, initial testing of the 'mythtv' port.
The first time I did 'portinstall -R mythtv' it failed because the
newly installed mysql-server couldn't be started (because it is missing
a mysql_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf). Not sure how this should be
handled.
Output from portinstall command:
cd config/ && gmake -f Makefile install
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv/work/mythtv-0.23-rc1/config'
gmake[1]: `install' is up to date.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv/work/mythtv-0.23-rc1/config'
Added group "mythtv".
Added user "mythtv".
*** Unable to start mysqld
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstall20100407-13314-1tk5bv4-0 env make reinstall
** Fix the installation problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
	! multimedia/mythtv	(install error)
root@kg-fil#

I just started mysql-server manually, cd'ed to the port directory and did a 'make install' afterwards.

Ok, more testing to follow.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen