Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:35:31 -0700
From:      Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with db185 authentication for apr 1.4.5 and apache 2.2.19 ?

I have a 6.3 system which I just upgraded to 8.2, and obviously =
recompiled all ports from scratch. I cleared out the ports DB entirely, =
cleared out /usr/local entirely except for etc/config files.  Every =
other port on the system recompiled fine, except for apache.  It works =
for everything except reading authentication files. I'd deeply =
appreciate any assistance you can give to solving this.

For some reason I can't figure out, BDB authentication using the =
built-in db 1.85 no longer works.

	dbmmanage /path/to/file view/adduser/delete/etc works fine
	file /path/to/file
		/path/to/file: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native =
byte-order)

Accessing from the web server always returns a 500 error with the =
following in the error log:
	(2)No such file or directory: could not open dbm (type default) =
auth file: /path/to/passwd.dat

I've recompiled apr and apache with a variety of different options, and =
nothing works.  apr without any databases doesn't work. apr with BDB =
doesn't work, etc.  My options for apache have remained the same:
	APACHE_PORT=3Dwww/apache22
	WITH_DBM=3Dbdb
	WITH_BDB_BASE=3Dyes
=09
apr1$ make showconfig
=3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for =
apr-ipv6-devrandom-db48-1.4.5.1.3.12:
     THREADS=3Don "Enable Threads in apr"
     IPV6=3Don "Enable IPV6 Support in apr"
     BDB=3Doff "Enable Berkley BDB support in apr-util"
     GDBM=3Doff "Enable GNU dbm support in apr-util"
     LDAP=3Doff "Enable LDAP support in apr-util"
     MYSQL=3Doff "Enable MySQL suport in apr-util"
     NDBM=3Doff "Enable NDBM support in apr-util"
     PGSQL=3Doff "Enable Postgresql suport in apr-util"
     SQLITE=3Doff "Enable SQLite3 support in apr-util"
     DEVRANDOM=3Don "Use /dev/random or compatible in apr"
=3D=3D=3D> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

apache22$ make showconfig
=3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for =
apache-2.2.19:
     THREADS=3Doff "Enable threads support in APR"
     MYSQL=3Doff "Enable MySQL support for apr-dbd"
     PGSQL=3Doff "Enable PostgreSQL support for apr-dbd"
     SQLITE=3Doff "Enable SQLite support for apr-dbd"
     IPV6=3Don "Enable IPv6 support"
     BDB=3Don "Enable BerkeleyDB dbm"
     AUTH_BASIC=3Don "Enable mod_auth_basic"
     AUTH_DIGEST=3Don "Enable mod_auth_digest"
     AUTHN_FILE=3Don "Enable mod_authn_file"
     AUTHN_DBD=3Doff "Enable mod_authn_dbd"
     AUTHN_DBM=3Don "Enable mod_authn_dbm"
     AUTHN_ANON=3Don "Enable mod_authn_anon"
     AUTHN_DEFAULT=3Don "Enable mod_authn_default"
     AUTHN_ALIAS=3Don "Enable mod_authn_alias"
     AUTHZ_HOST=3Don "Enable mod_authz_host"
     AUTHZ_GROUPFILE=3Don "Enable mod_authz_groupfile"
     AUTHZ_USER=3Don "Enable mod_authz_user"
     AUTHZ_DBM=3Don "Enable mod_authz_dbm"
     AUTHZ_OWNER=3Don "Enable mod_authz_owner"
     AUTHZ_DEFAULT=3Don "Enable mod_authz_default"
     CACHE=3Don "Enable mod_cache"
     DISK_CACHE=3Don "Enable mod_disk_cache"
     FILE_CACHE=3Don "Enable mod_file_cache"
     MEM_CACHE=3Doff "Enable mod_mem_cache"
     DAV=3Don "Enable mod_dav"
     DAV_FS=3Don "Enable mod_dav_fs"
     BUCKETEER=3Doff "Enable mod_bucketeer"
     CASE_FILTER=3Doff "Enable mod_case_filter"
     CASE_FILTER_IN=3Doff "Enable mod_case_filter_in"
     EXT_FILTER=3Doff "Enable mod_ext_filter"
     LOG_FORENSIC=3Doff "Enable mod_log_forensic"
     OPTIONAL_HOOK_EXPORT=3Doff "Enable mod_optional_hook_export"
     OPTIONAL_HOOK_IMPORT=3Doff "Enable mod_optional_hook_import"
     OPTIONAL_FN_IMPORT=3Doff "Enable mod_optional_fn_import"
     OPTIONAL_FN_EXPORT=3Doff "Enable mod_optional_fn_export"
     LDAP=3Doff "Enable mod_ldap"
     AUTHNZ_LDAP=3Doff "Enable mod_authnz_ldap"
     ACTIONS=3Don "Enable mod_actions"
     ALIAS=3Don "Enable mod_alias"
     ASIS=3Don "Enable mod_asis"
     AUTOINDEX=3Don "Enable mod_autoindex"
     CERN_META=3Don "Enable mod_cern_meta"
     CGI=3Don "Enable mod_cgi"
     CHARSET_LITE=3Don "Enable mod_charset_lite"
     DBD=3Doff "Enable mod_dbd"
     DEFLATE=3Don "Enable mod_deflate"
     DIR=3Don "Enable mod_dir"
     DUMPIO=3Don "Enable mod_dumpio"
     ENV=3Don "Enable mod_env"
     EXPIRES=3Don "Enable mod_expires"
     HEADERS=3Don "Enable mod_headers"
     IMAGEMAP=3Don "Enable mod_imagemap"
     INCLUDE=3Don "Enable mod_include"
     INFO=3Don "Enable mod_info"
     LOG_CONFIG=3Don "Enable mod_log_config"
     LOGIO=3Don "Enable mod_logio"
     MIME=3Don "Enable mod_mime"
     MIME_MAGIC=3Don "Enable mod_mime_magic"
     NEGOTIATION=3Don "Enable mod_negotiation"
     REWRITE=3Don "Enable mod_rewrite"
     SETENVIF=3Don "Enable mod_setenvif"
     SPELING=3Don "Enable mod_speling"
     STATUS=3Don "Enable mod_status"
     UNIQUE_ID=3Don "Enable mod_unique_id"
     USERDIR=3Don "Enable mod_userdir"
     USERTRACK=3Don "Enable mod_usertrack"
     VHOST_ALIAS=3Don "Enable mod_vhost_alias"
     FILTER=3Don "Enable mod_filter"
     SUBSTITUTE=3Doff "Enable mod_substitute"
     VERSION=3Don "Enable mod_version"
     PROXY=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy"
     PROXY_CONNECT=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy_connect"
     PATCH_PROXY_CONNECT=3Doff "Patch proxy_connect SSL support"
     PROXY_FTP=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy_ftp"
     PROXY_HTTP=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy_http"
     PROXY_AJP=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy_ajp"
     PROXY_BALANCER=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy_balancer"
     PROXY_SCGI=3Doff "Enable mod_proxy_scgi"
     SSL=3Don "Enable mod_ssl"
     SUEXEC=3Doff "Enable mod_suexec"
     SUEXEC_RSRCLIMIT=3Doff "SuEXEC rlimits based on login class"
     REQTIMEOUT=3Don "Enable mod_reqtimeout"
     CGID=3Doff "Enable mod_cgid"
=3D=3D=3D> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

As said above, I appreciate any assistance you can give.

--=20
Jo Rhett
Net Consonance : consonant endings by net philanthropy, open source and =
other randomness