Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:30:44 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Kory Hamzeh <kory@avatar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does FBSD Support Unnumbered Links?

>This is a 2nd try -- I did not get any replies to the first attempt.
>
>Does FBSD support unnumbered point-to-point links? I was asked this question
>by someone recently. Based on what I could find out from the man pages, I
>think the answer is "no". Although I saw some references on various mailing
>lists that 4.3 BSD release did support it.

   If I understand what you're asking, the answer is "yes", sort of. You can
assign the local endpoint of a point-to-point as the same address as your
LAN address and FreeBSD will be happy. You need not allocate a seperate
address to the PTP circuit.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.