Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:41:10 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        ru@freebsd.org
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, kris@obsecurity.org, dcs@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/netinet ip_output.c

>Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the multicast code, so probably
>some MCAST geeks like Bill Fenner could speak up?  :-)

Boy, has this code ever evolved since 1997 =)

I haven't had a chance to look at this yet (tomorrow's Internet-Draft
deadline is crushing me right now), but I think ruslan's analysis is
correct (in particular, it should be allowed to send a multicast with
all-zeroes source address on an interface with no addresses).

  Bill