Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 23:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        ambrisko@tcs.com, rcarter@geli.com, davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wcarchive down

> In message <199504201636.JAA05934@cozumel.tcs.com>, Douglas Ambrisko writes:
> >Gary Palmer writes:
> >Gee, sounds like time to use the new serial console mode.  I've been using it
> >on my server and it works great.
>
> OK, fine, you willing to pay BARRNET the extra money to have a second machine
> on the ethernet and the extra rack space & so on?

There should be no addition service provider fee from Barrnet, WC bought
a 10MB/sec pipe, they should be able to put as many machines as they
want on that pipe.  There will be an additional 1' or so of rack space
needed, which should be a $100/month add on.  IMHO, what it buys WC is
well worth the $100 month.

> You have to remember that we don't have the bandwidth on site to site
> it locally, it's at BARRNET's Stanford PoP.

And your not asking for another 10MB/sec pipe, you just want 2 machines
on the pipe you are already paying for.