Date:               Thu, 3 Aug 1995 11:15:44 +10
From:      "Aaron Elliott." <AARONE@h409-fs3.prahran.swin.edu.au>
To:        "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:         Re: SLIP routing on internet....

Gday!

Thanks for the reply!
I have changed the routed to get it to annonuce, and the system seems
to know that 136.186.16.9 is through 16.11, probly via proxy arp,
which is ACE!!! The block now seems to be with getting stuff to be
forwarded through from sl0 to ed0 and vice versa.

I reconfigured the kernal with the gateway option set, and booted on
it, but still didnt seem to comply!

Do you use sliplogin?? becasue i dont.. I have ifconfig sl0 bla bla
in netstart along with the arp stuff too.. Is this the way to do it
or should i be using sliplogin as well?  The docs arent to clear on
this topic.

Thanks again!!!

>You might need to run routed to get it to announce.  I'm doing pretty
>much this same thing (check out
>"http://www.newell.arlington.va.us/mcnet") and it works quite well.  You
>need to launch routed with the "-s" qualifier; I think the startup files
>use the "-q" qualifier which explicitly tells routed not to announce its
>routes.
>
>Mike

Aaron Elliott, CNA.                                  [VK3AJQ]
Swinburne University of Technology, Prahran Campus. Melbourne
Australia.

InterNet: aarone@homer.prahran.swin.edu.au.
FidoNet:  aaron@3:632/370.fidonet.org.
GSM Mobile: +61 41 930 2361