Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2018 10:39:50 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        gurenchan@gmail.com, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: setting port options for multiple ports

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com write on
Mon Jul 30 11:03:07 UTC 2018 :

> I am working on a port that requires many other ports to be built with
> specific options selected.
>
> Is there any way to have a port enables options in it's dependencies?

If the port is to be built on the FreeBSD package builders there are
likely large implications to forcing specific options of other ports.

Is this a "personal/local" port or otherwise not to be built by the
package builders ( or anyone doing poudriere bulk -a )?

There are ports that have local copies and internal builds of other
things needed in order to avoid such ties. As I remember pkg itself
is an example. (This has an environment-bootstrap sequence issue
involved in why as well.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com