Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:53:40 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mike <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        "Fast, Daniel H (Danny), SITS" <fastd@att.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Out of Office?

--Nm48CqPeykZpOG4/

Mike wrote:

> If properly configured, I believe it should send to the From: (which would
> be the poster, not the list) not the Reply-To: (the list), and it should
> only do that once.

I think you'll find the FreeBSD list admin has Clue, so the Reply-To on
these lists is *NOT* set to the list address.  Thank god.

Vacation programs should only respond to personal mail -- when I post to
a list I do *NOT* want god only knows how many people's vacation crap in
my inbox a few minutes later.  By 'personal' I mean either 'To' or 'Cc'
contains your mail address, that's how vacation(1) works I believe.

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D

--Nm48CqPeykZpOG4/

--Nm48CqPeykZpOG4/--