Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2010 01:13:07 -0800
From:      perryh@pluto.rain.com
To:        jaymax36@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up dual monitor displays across domains

jaymax <jaymax36@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running xorg, xdm and GNOME on a FreeBSD platform with 7.2
> O/S I can ssh into this platform with putty from an XP PC at
> another location (IP number{both numbers static}) and perform
> command line operations ad lib.  However, I cannot perform any
> graphic related operations from the PC.  How can I set it up to
> display them, GNOME, graphics, GUI's, etc. on the PC?

One way to do this is to set up an X-windows "server" (display
manager) running on the PC under XP.  Cygwin is one possibility,
and the only free one that immediately comes to mind.  There are
also commercial offerings.

Another way is to install one of the VNC server ports on the FreeBSD
machine, and run a VNC viewer on the PC.