Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 14:20:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To:        Torsten Blum <torstenb@onizuka.tb.9715.org>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, mark@grondar.za, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Major bogon in tcp_wrappers port.

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Torsten Blum wrote:

> Andreas, have you _ever_ configured tcpd ? tcpd is not a standalone daemon.
> To activate it, you have to modify inetd.conf.

It depends on the inetd.conf. NetBSD's inetd uses libwrap directly,
so no modification is necessary.

> If a tool highly depends on the system and needs a rebuild of several tools
> to take advantage of it, I'll probably suggest to add it to the base system.

Well, sendmail is one program needs to be recompiled to use libwrap.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates