Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 05:37:16 -0700
From:      "Aaron Peterson" <aaron@alpete.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xcdroast and ide-scsi simulation

I want to use xcdroast and have installed the port.  I have a newer model
TDK IDE burner.  I just don't know how to satisfy it's SCSI requirements
for xcdroast.  I found the following clip in a newsgroup and recompiled my
kernel with it, but to no avail:

# for ide-scsi simulation
device          wcd
device          wdc0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
device          wd1     at wdc0 drive 1
device          wdc1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
device          wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

thanks