Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:53:24 -0700
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S," <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        asami@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request to remove old tcl/tk versions

Paul Traina wrote:

> Fix the port to work with the new versions or yell at the author for using
> software that is 2+ years obsolete, or don't do the port? :-)

OK. I nuked the GUI, as it wasn't critical. I didn't feel like YELLING
at the author as he nicely gave his concent to mirror the software, but
I did a comment on this previously.
I haven't had time lately for FreeBSD or the Internet in general, but I
remember Chuck Robey once commented that iTcl had compatible
replacements for Tcl7.6/Tk4.2 (this was long ago...). Could we also nuke
Tcl7.6 and Tk4.2 and leave everything depending only on iTcl or
Sunscript?

cheers,

	Pedro.