Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:21:22 +0200
From:      Eivind Hestnes <eivind@stabbursmoen.no>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Multicast routing with VLANs

Hi,

I'm trying to get mrouted to route multicast traffic between multiple
VLANs on a FreeBSD 5.4-RC3 machine. Mrouted starts as expected, and
according to /var/log/messages it's running - but the multicast routing
itself don't work. While Googling, I noticed in kern/78821
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/78821) that FreeBSD
fails to set the ALLMULTI flag on the parent device when using the
if_em(4). I have tried to set the ALLMULTI flag manually, but with no
further success - The flag won't set.

I need the multicast routing to get Norton Ghost work properly, and
currently I'm a bit stuck..

Regards, Eivind Hestnes