Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:42:48 +0800
From:      David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Cc:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@freebsd.org>, leo huang <leo.huang.list@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Is the fsync() fake on FreeBSD6.1?

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 11:34, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> This is not the case for Linux, where fsync syncs the entire file
> system.  That could explain some of the performance difference, but
> not all of it.  I suppose it's worth noting that, in general, people
> report much better performance with MySQL on Linux than on FreeBSD.

I recent have tested SCHED_CORE, the scheduler has same dynamic
priority algorithm as Linux 2.6, it can make 10% performance boost
for super-smack on my dual PIII, I tested it on local host,  but
its user interaction is quite bad under heavy load,  scheduling
alogrithm makes sense, but 4BSD is still best scheduler for me.