Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2012 13:09:56 +0200
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New OPTIONS and make.conf knobs

On 04.06.2012 11:55, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> There is another problem with options and portmaster.
>
> I have WITHOUT_X11=yes in make.conf and if I try to install
> emulators/virtualbox-ose for the first time it immediately ends with
> error message instead of showing options dialog.

> # portmaster emulators/virtualbox-ose
>
> ===>>> Currently installed version: virtualbox-ose-4.1.16
> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose
>
>         ===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
>         ===>>> QT4 frontend requires X11 support. Run 'make config'
> again!
>

>         ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>                BROKEN line in the Makefile and try again.
> Terminated
>

> I don't know the order of processing options / knobs so I don't know
> if this is the problem of portmaster, OPTIONSng or Makefile it-self.
>
> To fix this problem, I must manually run `make config` in ports
> directory and uncheck QT4, then run portmaster again.

That is not a bug at all. It was that way for the last 2 years and
still
is. The virtualbox ports do not use the new optionsng stuff yet and the
problem that you are seeing is just because QT4 GUI without X11 doesn't
make sense. If you don't want X11 you also don't want QT4.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/