Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:30:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      ck@toplink.net
To:        lambert@cswnet.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pwd_mkdb and system processes

Hi,

it takes quite some time to build a dbm file of 15k users.

pwd_mkdb would need to be rewritten to build the dbm file somewhere
else and then quickly unlink the old dbm file und replace it with the
new one.

We do similar stuff when building our dbm users file for radius. We build
it somewhere else and then quickly replace it.

pwd_mkdb is propably not made with this kind of stuff in mind. You would
need to fix that.

Greetings
Christian

--