Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:42:33 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Determining traffic on a socket - solution and security question

These approaches work well, so long as the 32-bit sequence space doesn't
wrap.   At 100Mb/s, this wraps in about 6 minutes.  Sure, most connections
don't carry more than 4GB of data but you might be interested in the ones
that do.

This also is a problem for the counters in struct if_data that are
of type u_long and are going to wrap way too quickly on busy high-speed
network interfaces.

louie