Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 1995 23:08:19 +0200
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please test NCR 53c825 with targets at ID >= 8

Since Justin T. Gibbs modified the generic SCSI code
to deal with 16 devices on the WIDE SCSI bus, I put
code into the NCR PCI SCSI driver, to take advantage
of this feature.

If you got a NCR 53c825 and WIDE SCSI peripherals,
you should be able to use SCSI IDs beyond 7 now, and
to have upto a total of 15 drives on the SCSI bus.

Since I have neither of them, I can't do the tests,
only make sure that it doesn't break 53c810 support.

So, if you got the hardware, please do this test as
soon as possible and please send boot messages, if
possible. (Please boot with "-v" at the boot: prompt,
since this will result in important additional log
info.)

Thanks in advance, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160