Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:44:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moving cvs

> I just thought of one problem with moving the www cvs archive to
> spatter.  Substantial chunks (the handbook and FAQ) come from the
> FreeBSD source tree, not the www tree. ...

If most of the cgis, archives, etc., will be left on freefall
anyway, can we simply...

1) Leave freefall as it is
2) Have spatter just mirror freefall's docs via rsync
3) Assign www.freebsd.org to spatter

That way spatter still takes most of the hits, and we're
spared the headache of figuring out which documents/cgis
need to be moved where using what.

Of course, some of the links need to be updated as you've
mentioned (e.g.  search.html should point to freefall, not
to "www"), and there's a question whether the other mirrors
should rsync to spatter (probably) or freefall.

Maybe the above is too easy but I don't think you guys know
just how lazy I am. =-)

Cya,

-Ade
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - <http://www.hemi.com/>;