Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:45:14 +0200
From:      "Ph. Schulz" <ph.schulz@gmx.de>
To:        "Sandro" <zaweb@tiscali.it>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Installation freezes

I had some similar issues w/ an old Compaq Armada running at 150MHz.
However, cpu speed is not the problem here but you probably do not have
enough RAM installed.
To verify that, try to install again. During the time the installation is
running, go to the second (I belive) console and watch the output. If you
see notices of processes being killed, and if the process being killed is
init, then you simply should add some RAM to your machine. Or install
FreeBSD 4.8, worked fine for me. When I upgraded from 16MB to 32MB, my
problems were solved and I was able to install FreeBSD 5.1.

	Phil.