Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:07:24 -0500
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        "Danny Pansters" <danny@ricin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: brooktree 880: cx23880-19 TV chip

> Another thing you could try is boot linux [...]

Not to be rude, but do you make it a habit to suggest people stick hot
pokers in their eyes? I would find that preferable to booting Linux...

That being said, I'll try what you suggested, thank you. Though I'm
curious, what is XV? I'll boot my BSD box up in a moment, but right
now, I still need to get in the case and find out what is making one
of the fans clank around (suspecting a cable from the new PSU I got
with the tuner and memory got loose and is trying to get friendly with
one of the fans... shouldn't be challanging to fix).

Oh, and the quality of this tuner has improved since what you've seen
I'm happy to say, otherwise I'd have really been unhappy. And yes, the
chip is the capture chip, I'll write down the tuner model number
again.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton