Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 12:20:13 +0200
From:      Hroi Sigurdsson <hroi@lungelunge.dk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ldconfig and /usr/local/lib

ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib seems to have no effect on my system
(4.0-STABLE).
The only way I can work around this so that ./configure finds various
libs is to export LD_FLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib. Setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Example:
#ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
#ld -ljpeg
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open -ljpeg: No such file or directory
# ls -F /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.*
/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a        /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so@
/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.la*      /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.9*

Any hints?

--
Hroi Sigurdsson