Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:14:27 +0800
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Richard Western <rwestern@marktwain.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Abusive e-mail message

Please limit your lines to less than 80 characters.  That makes them
legible.

On Thursday,  9 November 2000 at 10:18:29 -0600, Richard Western wrote:
> Dear BSD:
> I am writing this letter in regard to an e-mail message that I
> received that was very abusive.  I have had no positive response from
> the many search attempts that I have contacted.  I feel I may know
> who the sender is, and in my wait and communications I have found
> that this sender has also abused another beyond belief.  I find this
> kind of behavior to be very upsetting, in that someone can do such a
> thing through their e-mail service and not be identified.  I do
> intend to take legal action in the event I can positively identify
> this sender, as it is totally unacceptable behavior and is very
> deserving of some kind of legal consequence.  Please let me know if
> you can possibly assist me in regard to this matter and I will be
> more than willing to forward the message that I received and can
> assure you that the other party in receipt of messages from this
> sender will be more than willing to do the same.  Your anticipated
> cooperation is very much appreciated.  Please respond to
> kwestern1@yahoo.com

It's very difficult to do anything with the information you have
given; about the only thing that stands out is that your signature
does not match the account which you used.

If you do have a valid complaint against a FreeBSD user, please
forward it to core@FreeBSD.org.  Don't expect heads to roll, but we
will certainly consider it.  But you will have to give some concrete
evidence.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.