Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 23:59:49 -0700
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        Jason Boerner <chaos@rivers.oscs.montana.edu>
Cc:        Robert Deschambault <bobd@fox.nstn.ca>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Mouse Configuration

> The important thing is to know what kind of interface your mouse is
> using.  If your mouse has a ps/2 type of connecter (most do these days)
> you need to build a new kernal and comment out the pse0 driver.

The pse0 driver, or the psm0 driver?

> This
> will then create the correct dev for you.  The FAQ is VERY good about
> explaining the kernal build process.  If you do not have enough space to
> store the source tree or want someone else to build it for you let me
> know.

Oh, I'm not hurting for space.  My box is *well* setup with 1.8GB
hard-drive and I recently was given a 4MM 2GB dat drive for backups. ;-)

Craig is having problems with it on his box, and I thought it might be
related to the graphics card but you think it's a mouse driver problem.
The funny thing is that the mouse moves correctly and such.  Can you
send him (craig@dynalab.cs.montana.edu) your experiences and what you
did?  I'd appreciate, and you can CC me with it so I can see his
response and such.

Thanks!

Nate