Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:35:59 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver code release

On 2009-11-12 10:24:18 (-0500), John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 November 2009 9:47:06 am Brendan Kennedy wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have some driver code that is utilised through opencrypto for my
> > hardware. I’d like to have this code integrated into FreeBSD similarly
> > to the hifn driver.
> > Could you give me some pointers as to how this should be done?
> >
> > Can such code still be included in the FreeBSD 7 code base?
> >
> > I also have an opencrypto patch for your consideration. Is this the
> > correct group to mail such a patch to?
>
> I'm not very familiar with opencrypto myself, but Philip (cc'd) is and might
> be able to point you in the right direction.

Hi Brendan!  I would indeed be very happy to look at your patch and commit it.
I would like to keep opencrypto in 7.x in sync with head (and 8.x) at least
for the forseeable future, so I don't think merging to 7.x will be a problem.

Provided the code works, of course. ;-)

Feel free to send me the code and I'll take a look.

Thanks!

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                  Made from non-edible parts
philip@freebsd.org