Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:59:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5rtensson?= <balrog@swipnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptops?

balrog> I love FreeBSD and since I'm (in my dreams anyway) planning to
balrog> by a laptop, is there anyway that I can use my favorite OS on
balrog> a laptop. And if this is possible, what laptop should i buy
balrog> for the best performance under FreeBSD?

I've run FreeBSD on a number of laptops with just a few
problems. Usually the difficulity is either the PC-CARDs or the X
server. FreeBSD only supports a few Ethernet PC-CARDs, although Xircom
drivers are getting better. Also be sure that XFree86 supports the
video "card" in the laptop.