Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:50:28 +0800
From:      "Rino Mardo" <rmardo@yahoo.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Win2K-FreeBSD-Linux on the same machine

first thing off is you install the jealous OS (M$) first, then either follow
it with FreeBSD or Linux.  in my case i installed Linux on my second primary
partition and the swap on the third primary partition.  big mistake.  now i
boot the FreeBSD boot manager (booteasy) shows me

F1 Windows
F2 Linux
F3 Unknown
F4 FreeBSD

which is ugly.  i suggest you install the Linux swap in an extended
partition right under there you have your Linux installed.

last thing is don't use booteasy. use either LILO or some boot manager where
it doesn't require you to know C nor Forth.

my 2cents.

Rino