Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:40:34 -0500
From:      Dexter McNeil <dexter@backtech.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI cable recommendations

Hi,
	I've been having some reliability problems with the cables used in our
RAID array (external cables, not internal). They were provided by the
vendor of the cabinet hardware & controller, and have a manufacturer of
Madison Cable written on the side. These are U2W type, with 68 pin
connectors. The cables going to the host have the tiny LVHDC type
connectors on one end.

	I want to replace these pieces of junk with something that is as
reliable as possible. Any suggestions as to manufacturer and vendor? Any
recommendations as to what to avoid?

	Many thanks for any and all suggestions.

	Best regards,
	Dexter McNeil