Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2011 23:56:17 -1000
From:      parv@pair.com
To:        cy@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11-wm/fvwm2 - Cannot *build* version 2.6 while 2.5 is installed

Hi Cy,

Thanks for bringing fvwm 2.6.1 to The Ports.

Currently I have fvwm 2.5.31 installed.  I tried to build the latest
version ...

  make build -DBATCH

  ===>  fvwm-2.6.1 conflicts with installed package(s):
        fvwm-2.5.31

        They install files into the same place.
        You may want to stop build with Ctrl + C.
  ===>  License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE
  ===>  Found saved configuration for fvwm-2.6.1

  ===>  fvwm-2.6.1 conflicts with installed package(s):
        fvwm-2.5.31

        They will not build together.

... I understand the conflict with installing the new port (without
force) while old one is installed. I don't understand the need to
remove old version while building the newer version.  Could you
please clarify the issue?

  - parv