Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 19:39:36 +0200
From:      John Angelmo <john@veidit.net>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   "dynamic" ipfw

Hello

I have a small problem with IPFW

How can I handle adding and removing rules based on IP/MAC per user?
I can add a rule for a specific IP/MAC without the need to flush but can
I remove it in the same way?

now lets say I have a user that only needs access to it's mailserver
mail.user.com with pop3 and smtp
then the rule for pop3 would be something like
add allow ip from mail.user.com 110 to IP/HOST (MAC dosn't work here right?)

Now mail.user.com uses runrobin so the IP changes from request to
request but dosn't the IPFW resolve the IP when its added to the rules,
how can this be solved for the user?

/John