Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:00:25 PDT
From:      "Cosmic 665" <the_hermit665@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DHCP + DSL + remote install

hello;

   I'm trying to install FreeBSD 3.3 via the interenet using DSL + DHCP.
FreeBSD doesn't seem to wanna interact with MY CISCO's DHCP Server (Neither
Does Dead-Rat/Red-Hat linux 6.0).  I've tried on both boxes & platforms
setting up DHCP and none of them worked (DID't get it to work under linux...
like that matters :P).  Still, Freebsd 3.2 works fine using the command from
a shell "dhclient" after setting up a few bpf's in the kernel (B-O-O-M!!...
internet.. FaSt!!!!).  What is the deal with 3.3 and or RHS 6.0????  (does
the stupid DSL modem need an extra command???)

-Cosmic-665