Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 02:42:09 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Dave Peacock <dave@sackheads.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /stand/sysinstall not upgraded during 4.4 binary upgrade

On Monday 24 September 2001 11:08 am, Dave Peacock wrote:
> I removed the contents of my /usr/src tree to clear out, and installed
> via sysinstall the kernel source package so that I could roll a custom
> kernel. Once I compiled and rebooted, I noticed the kernel thought it was
> 4.3.
>
> This was obviously not right so I verified that sysinstall was grabbing
> the correct tree by removing the 4.3-RELEASE tree on my local FTP mirror.
> When I ran sysinstall and tried to install the kernel source package
> for a second time, I got an error specifying that 4.3-RELEASE couldn't be
> found.

I don't think this has anything to do with sysinstall not being _updated_ as
you put it. It sounds like it is simply still configured to download files
from the 4.3-RELEASE area of your FTP mirror.

Select "options" from the sysinstall main menu and ensure that "Release name"
is set to 4.4-RELEASE. This should solve your problem.

Hope that helped! :-)

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org