Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        chaos@tgci.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: makemap dbm fails

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Riley J. McIntire wrote:
> I changed per your suggestion dbm to hash and ran it.  My take on
> your comment about the K line was to change it thus:
>
> # Virtual user table (maps incoming users)
> #Kvirtuser dbm /etc/virtusertable
> Kvirtuser hash /etc/virtusertable

Correct.

> Now sendmail's complaining about a dns error:
>
> Jun 16 15:03:32 charmed sendmail[455]: PAA00453: SYSERR(root): MX list
> for reogroup.com. points back to charmed.wilshire.net

Not a DNS error but it is, I believe, Q number 1 in the sendmail FAQ :)

> reogroup.com is the virtual domain, and charmed.wilshire.net the host, which
>  is also ns1.wilshire.net running bind.

As delivered via m4, hosts listed in virtusertable need to also
be in Cw.  I think this is wrong but that doesn't count for much,
it is how it works.  So you need to either add reogroup.com to Cw
or write your own virtusertable rule that checks every address
it is handed and put it in S98. (that's what we do)

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com