Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2001 02:25:45 +0530
From:      "murthy kn" <knmurthy30@hotmail.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netgraph one2many question

Hi,

     I am a newbie to netgraph and have started looking at the sources and
manpages.

1.In the context of one2many, in the manpage example, I see that it puts the
interfaces into promiscuous mode. My question is, instead of turning on the
promiscuous mode, will it not work if we use the "ifconfig lladdr" to
temporarily change the MAC address (hardware
receive filter) of the cards to that of the master card (fxp0 in the manpage
example).

2. Are the messages like "arp: something was on fxp0 got the reply from
fxp1...." kind of messages harmful - can I turn it off if in any way.
I get lot of such messages when I enable multiple cards connected on the
same segment on a FreeBSD machine.

3. Is it possible to have multiple cards with the same IP address
on a FreeBSD machine.

Thanks for your time.

                Bye,
                murthy