Date:      Sat, 09 Feb 2019 02:21:08 -0500
From:      "Dave Cottlehuber" <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bhyve: virtio-net very slow with FreeBSD 12.0 Host

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019, at 22:16, Ole wrote:
> PS:
>=20
> i discovered the tool iperf. The connection from Host to VM is good,
> 6.36 Gbits/sec. The connection from Outside to host is also good, 847
> Mbits/sec.
>=20
> But from outside to the VM it is just 60.6 Kbits/sec.=20
>=20
> Is there a generally problem with my setup?:
>=20
>=20
> em0 em0.4030(mtu 1400) tap0(mtu 1400)

I can=E2=80=99t speak for the specific config above, but generally this =
is a good time to reach for tcpdump(1) to capture some traffic on em0 an=
d see if you can spot any anomalies especially in things like frame size=
 (mtu related issues) and tcp checksums. See https://lists.freebsd.org/p=
ipermail/freebsd-jail/2019-February/003686.html for a couple of things t=
o check for there too.

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dtcpdump and the GUI app wire=
shark make a very nice combo.

Happy hunting.