Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:47:59 -0800
From:      VDR User <user.vdr@gmail.com>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why 24/192kHz sound is not a solution.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl> wrote:
> While searching why I cannot play 24bit source
> (snd_hda, [AO OSS] Can't set audio device /dev/dsp
> to s24le output, trying s16le... Still don't know why
> though.)
>
> I've found really interesting piece of article, well
> researched and precise:
>
> http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
>
> I'm sure developers know about it already, but nonetheless
> I think it's good find and pleasurable read.

I don't know that using the mailing list to post links to articles is
appropriate, but 24/192 does matter when it comes to processing. As
only a final output format, that article is completely correct but to
completely disregard 24/192 is misleading because it does have benefit
earlier in the production chain.