Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 00:37:21 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        George Vagner <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cant mount root

At 12:28 AM 3/1/99 , George Vagner wrote:
>I just did a bin install of 3.1,
>everything went well during the install over ftp
>but i cant mount root now.
>
>system:
>
>apollo mvp3 VIA chipset
>primary master 5 gig maxtor
>secondary master 5 gig maxtor
>1st scsi drive 4.3 gig quantum sca.
>scsi controller adaptec 2940AU @ 20Mhz.
>
>trying to mount the scsi drive.
>
>during boot i get
>
>changing root to da2s1a
>da0 at ahc0 bus0 target 0 lun 0
>{disk geometry here}
>changing root device to da2a
>
>error 6 cannot mount root
>
>press any key to reboot
>
>i tried typing in 2:da(1,a) at the boot prompt
>but it still insists on changing the root device
>to da2a.
>
>what am i doing wrong?

You either? I have this problem too with mine.. I thought I was senile..
It'll mount if I boot back up with the floppy and forcefully mount it in
fdisk though..

I'm using 3.0-RELEASE.. Installed nearly a month ago, haven't touched it
for this reason..

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP DSS/1024 Public Key ID: 0x409A1F7D