Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:13:55 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   2G SCSI disks?

Argh, I'm screwed 8(

A couple of systems we quoted have just been accepted.  Both were
specified with 2G SCSI disks.

Only the 2G disk we were planning to use (the IBM DORS32160U) is no
longer available.  In fact, none of the 2G disks that we normally use
are (no Seagate Hawk units either).

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions for reliable 2G 5400rpm
SCSI disks?

Failing that, has anyone done anything with the new Maxtor
"DiamondMax" disks?  Or have any suggestions for IDE disks that are
likely to come close to the performance of an Ultra-SCSI disk?