Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:25:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Michael Bryan <fbsd-security@ursine.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc inetd.conf

On 3 Oct 2000, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Michael Bryan <fbsd-security@ursine.com> writes:
> > A command that I -always- execute on any freshly installed system, and from
> > time to time when checking up on things:
> >
> > 	netstat -an
>
> Funny way to spell "sockstat except with less information" :)

More and less. netstat -an is longer, sockstat has more columns. I like
the PID given in sockstat, but is there any way to get them for Unix
domain sockets? I tried "apropos domain" and "(for DIR in `echo $PATH | tr
':' ' '` ; do ls $DIR 2> /dev/null | grep stat ; done) | more", but
neither gave me much help... - Jy@