Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:41:59 +0300
From:      Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE sending FIN no ACK packets.

Hello,

I've been pointed out by our partner that we are sending TCP packets =
with FIN flag and no ACK set, which is triggering
alerts on their firewalls.
I've investigated, and it appears that some of our FreeBSD hosts are =
really sending such packets. (they are running some java applications)
I did "tcpdump -s0 -vni em1 '(tcp[tcpflags] & tcp-ack =3D=3D 0) && =
(tcp[tcpflags] & tcp-fin !=3D 0)'" to catch them.

Is this considered normal?
It seems at least Juniper considers this malicious traffic : =
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security10.0=
/junos-security-swconfig-security/id-72577.html