Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:06:23 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 Available...

Excerpt from announcement by Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu>:

> With both the doc and ports repositories now moved to SVN it has been
> decided to not export the 9.1 release branch activity to CVS.  So
> csup/cvsup update mechanisms are not available for updating to 9.1-RC1.
> If you would like to use SVN the branch to use is releng/9.1.

I read your message and followup messages and have questions about how to switch from csup to svn.

System source is in /usr/src obtained by csup, apparently now being deprecated.

Do I need to delete (rm -R /usr/src/*) before running

svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9 /usr/src

I don't want an out-of-sync mess resulting from mixing two versions, assume that wouldn't work well.

I guess I need to switch the doc (/usr/doc) also to svn.

What about the ports?

Would I need to switch the ports tree from "portsnap fetch update", or is portsnap still the proper way?

Tom