Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 07:58:19 MDT
From:      steve@khoros.unm.edu (Steven Jorgensen)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   -rpath support?

	Under many commercial systems that support shared libraries, they
	offer an option on the ld command line called -rpath or -R to
	let you specify the directories to search for shared libraries
	at run time.  I was wondering if some form of this capability
	will be added to FreeBSD's ld at some point in the future?  And
	yes, I know about ldconfig, but not everyone that compiles
	software has root access, and setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH can
	get confusing for the average user for large software packages
	(like Khoros.. :)  Any information appreciated.

						Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	     steve@kaos.com
Khoral Research Inc.	      | PHONE: (505) 837-6500
6001 Indian School, Suite 200 | FAX:   (505) 881-3842
Albuquerque, NM 87110	      | URL: http://www.khoral.com/