Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:43:38 +0100
From:      "Susanne J." <susanne_j@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems loading images in applets

Hello.

I´m currently trying to code my first applet and I´ve problems with an
BitmapComponent Class, which loads an image.

The applet is running perfectly in the appletviewer, but if I try to run
it over a WEB-Server (apach) with netscape or msie as the
Client-Browser, the browsers reportet errors in accessing the image.

the image is in the BitmapComponent Class with the following statement:

public BitmapComponent (String fname)
  {
    img = getToolkit().getImage(fname);

where fname is filled with "index/header1.jpg".

I think that could be a problem with the place, where the applet would
try to load the image?

If that´s the problem, how could I force the applet to load the image
from the WEB-Server?

(My configuration is: a FreeBSD-3.2 machine with apache 1.3.9 as the
WEB-Server,
a Netscape Browser on the same machine and a WindowsNT machine in the
Network
with the Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0)

Thanks in advance,
Susanne.