Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 07:06:07 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>, sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        wes@softweyr.com, toasty@HOME.DRAGONDATA.COM, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KKIS.05051999.003b

On May 9,  6:48am, Don Lewis wrote:

} FLASH!  Now this is really wierd.  The original exploit code doesn't show
} any signs leaking descriptors on one of our 3.1-stable machines, but
} /tmp (where the sockets are created) is mfs.  If I change PATH and
} PATH_TMP so that they point to /var/tmp, sendmsg() fails with with
} ECONNREFUSED after the first iteration and descriptors are leaked.
}
} I might believe that descriptors could be leaked if sendmsg() fails this
} way, but why would sendmsg() fail if the sockets live in a ufs filesystem
} but not if the sockets live in a mfs filesystem?

Ok, the first bug is in uipc_send().  If an error occurs between
unp_internalize() and release:, then the work that unp_internalize()
did needs to be undone.  Probably something like:

	if (control && error != 0)
		unp_dispose(control);

right before release: would do the trick.

I haven't a clue about what appears to be bug number 2.