Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:43:20 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
Cc:        audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new devstat statistics function

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 16:43:13 +0400, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 08:43:36PM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> >
> > Attached is a patch to add a new devstat(3) statistics calculation
> > function.  The code was developed by Sergey Osokin <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
> > and myself.
> >
> > It includes a patch to iostat(8) to change over to the new statistics
> > calculation function.
> >
> > Anyway, comments would be appreciated.
> >
> > This is likely a portion of the devstat changes that will be coming down
> > the pipe in the near term.  Thomas Moestl <tmm@FreeBSD.org> has some
> > patches to allow devstat use on core files/kernels, and we're talking about
> > some more changes besides.
>
> [skip]
>
> Almost 2 weeks gone. When it will be commited?

Well, I sent my patches out for review with no response, and Thomas sent
a message out about the proposed function renaming with no response.

Now Thomas has sent me the function name changes, so I've got to review it,
integrate it into my patches, and then he'll need to update the man page
for his kvm changes and the function name changes.

So it isn't quite ready to commit.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry