Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:42:14 +0100
From:      Maciej Wierzbicki <voovoos-fpf@killfile.pl>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PF + load balancing over 100Mbit traffic

Adam PAPAI wrote on 2009-12-03 09:19:

> Do you have any advice? Is it time to get a Layer 7 switch and do load
> balancing with it? Or is it possible to do it in a PF way without a
> Content Switch?

My advice is to use content switching via some 3rd-party software, for
example HAProxy - perfect tool for rr/lb. I have webclusters set up this
way, some of them handle even 200-250Mbps in peak. No problems. If you
need any additional info, let me know.

--
*   Maciej Wierzbicki * At paranoia's poison door  *
*   VOO1-RIPE   *