Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 12:57:16 +1030 (CST)
From:      mark@communica.oz.au (Mark Newton)
To:        mrm@sceard.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0-950210-SNAP hangs

> >Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug a problem like this
> >when there is no indication of where to start before it manifests itself
> >and no way to perform a post mortem after it has happened?
>
> Yeah, fun. Where are those front panel lights when you need 'em?

Y'know, that's something I've often thought about:  An ISA-bus profile card
with jumpers on it connecting LEDs to bus lines, with the LEDs inset into
a 5.25" drive bay blanking plate -- Blinkenlites on a PeeCee!  It'd be worth
it for the debugging value it'd have the potential to have, and even more
worth it for the strange looks it'd get.

One of these days I may even be in a dumb enough mood to do it :-)

    - mark